Oversized Duvet Covers

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Duvets and other Bedding topics.

Where can I buy duvets and comforters?

Oversized Duvet Covers

Is it a comforter or is it a duvet? In some English-speaking countries, a comforter is called a duvet. Sometimes, however, duvet refers to the shell covering a down comforter. The word is of French origin, so pronunciation depends on where you live. Generally, duvet is pronounced "dove-ay" (“ay” as in bay). In the United States, duvets and comforters may or may not be interchangeable, depending on the region.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Bedding Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Lynne Christen