Luxury Bedding Dos and Don'ts
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Luxury Bedding and other Bedding topics.
What should I look for in luxury bedding?
You're such a consumer expert Good Housekeeping calls you. But choosing a luxury bedding and duvet cover ensemble has you stumped. Before the next Good Housekeeping teleconference, here are a few tips for choosing luxury fashion bedding:
- Hold your wholesale luxury bedding, especially sheets and pillow shams, up to the light. If the light doesn't pass through the fabric, the linen is a luxury one.
- Take the comforter out of the bag if you can and wrap it around yourself. The higher the loft and fill power, the softer and more luxurious the comforter feels.
- Ask a sales associate to take the luxury bedding out of the bag. Press it against your skin (just make sure you haven't been to the tanning salon) to see how it feels. Luxury bedding sets won't have slubs or coarse knots of fabric.
- Opt for wholesale luxury bedding of linen or cotton, since they're natural fibers. Synthetic fibers tend to "pile" or gather lint balls over time.
- If you choose silk or satin luxury fashion bedding, buy a luxury bedding and duvet cover set. Choose bedding covers to protect your silk and satin.
- Don't assume that wholesale luxury bedding is either automatically a rip-off or a find. Perform the same tests even if you're inthe middle of the aisle at Costco!
- Don't buy a luxury bedding set online without scoping out different fine luxury bedding in the stores.
- Don't just automatically bring home that luxury bedding ensemble because it matches your Tommy Bahama decor. You might choose a better quality, softer fashion luxury bedding package in solid colors that blend with your tropical theme.
- Don't assume that the highest price means the bedding will be best for you. If the thread count and fill count are 1100 and 900, and you need 600 and 600, go for the lower-price luxury bedding.
Now that you're armed with the product facts, you're ready to consult with Consumer Products about Croscill and hotel bedding!