Types of Bedding Allergens
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Allergy Free Bedding and other Bedding topics.
What types of bedding allergens are there?
You might think that it's just dust that nestles in your comforter and makes you sneeze. But a hypoallergenic comforter can keep out many types of bedding allergens, including:
- Indoor mold--make sure that hypoallergenic down comforter has a tight stitching or vinyl encasing and is kept in a dry room.
- Dust mite and cockroach droppings--use a duvet cover or pillow cover for extra insurance on your hypoallergenic bedding, but allergy control bedding usually has an impermeable membrane.
- Fungi spores that hide in dust mite droppings--allergy free bedding and duvet covers will block out fungi in your pillows and hypoallergenic down comforter.
- Tobacco smoke--you shouldn't smoke in the bedroom, because fire hazards aside, even allergy free bedding can reek of smoke.
- Pet dander--it's invisible and can linger on even allergy free bedding if you let Fido curl up on your hypoallergenic comforter.
Keep allergens away from your allergy control bedding and enjoy a sneeze-free slumber.